Dry Hair Treatment - Best Home Remedies and Products for Dry Hair
Filed under QDPREMIERWIGS issued on Apr.3rd.2012
Dry Hair Causes
• Environmental damage - sun, heat, outside chemicals.
• Mechanical damage - blow drying, curling irons, hot rollers.
• Chemical damage - perms, color, bleach.
• Some people have hair that is naturally dry; there is no natural wet.
In each of these reasons, lipids are lost from the hair. These lipids are humectants which attract and hold moisture into the hair. They must be replaced. The key is to improve the hair’s ability to attract and retain moisture.
Dry Hair Pictures
Dry Hair Solutions
• Really dry hair is very fragile and needs special care. Be gentle when lathering and avoid any pulling or yanking. Don't scrub with your fingernails - this will not only irritate your scalp but can cause hair breakage. Brush your lock gently and never when it's wet.
• Allow your hair extensions to air dry wherever possible. When you must use your hairdryer, blow drying hair should be done correctly - use it on a cooler temperature and aim it down the hair shaft.
• Be careful not to over wash your locks. It's very easy to strip away the natural oils if you wash it too often. Once or twice a week is enough.
• Rinse with water alone on off days.
• Use a moisturizing and nourishing shampoo. Use only a mild, acidic shampoo that is labeled "for dry or damaged hair." A good shampoo should have a pH of between 4.5 and 6.7. Look for ingredients like zinc pyrithione, selenium sulfide, or coal-tar.
• Condition after every shampoo. Condition your hair on a regular basis (once a week is suggested) with an intense, deep conditioning treatment. Use products that contain no alcohol, which can dry out hair even more. In general, conditioners with fragrance have alcohol, so avoid them. If your hair is very dry, use an overnight conditioner. Mayonnaise is a great natural conditioner. Leave it in your tresses for anywhere from 15-20 minutes before washing it out.
• If you can afford, use a salon-grade shampoo and conditioner; these products contain less "filler" ingredients.
• Apply over-the-counter hot-oil treatment to repair dry, damaged hair. Wear a shower cap over your hair while the hot oil is on; rinse after 5 to 20 minutes.
• Reduce your use of hairspray, mousse, hair gels and styling creams that contain chemical ingredients. With excessive use, they can easily irritate your scalp and damage your hair.
• While, shampooing, do a scalp massage to stimulate oil glands in the skin.
• Do not use mousse on brittle, dry hair, use a thickening lotion instead.
• Every six weeks snip off frayed ends.
• Beer is a good setting lotion to give healthy, shiny look to dry hair. Spray it onto your locks using a pump bottle after shampooing but before you blow-dry.
• Treating dry hair also should include drinking plenty of water, eating foods with good proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins A, C, E, and calcium.
• If you spend a lot of time in the strong sunlight, use a hair sunscreen or protect your hair with a headscarf or hat.
Home Remedies for Dry Hair Treatment
Here are a few organic, homemade recipes that can prevent, stop and get rid of dry hair problems. You can easily make them in your kitchen and good thing is that they are inexpensive..
Use only organic, virgin coconut oil. It is the best solution to hydrate extremely dry hair. You can use it as a daily moisturizer or as a moisture treatment.
In the first case:
1. Rub a small amount into the palm of your hands.
2. Rub through your hair, focusing on the hair strands, not scalp.
3. Do not put too much coconut oil in your hair because it will cause it to become oily and heavy.
4. Do this as often as necessary.
In the second case:
1. Apply coconut oil to dry hair or wet hair.
2. Cover with a plastic cap.
3. Leave it in for 30 minutes.
4. Shampoo as normal.
It is a super effective caring therapy for severely dried out hair. You can apply castor oil in a number of ways to heal, nourish and manage dry hair.
1. Distribute the oil through your hair.
2. Put a shower cap over your head.
3. Sit under a hood dryer for 20 minutes or leave on for a few hours.
This is another great natural way to help you deal with extreme dry hair. Heat almond oil until warm. Rub it into your hair. Cover your hair with plastic wrap. Wait for 15 minutes before rinsing it out.
1. Place a couple of drops of safflower oil in your palms and rub them together;
2. Take your dry hair and massage the small amount of oil to the ends first and work toward the scalp;
3. Leave this in your hair. Here is another dry hair remedy:
1. Warm up half a cup of olive oil;
2. Massage it through the hair;
3. Wrap your hair in plastic, and then in a warm towel;
4. Leave for 30 minutes;
5. Wash out using a shampoo suited for dry hair.
Olive oil is great as a quick fix.
This treatment will help in fixing dry itchy scalp.
1. Wash your hair.
2. Apply aloe vera juice or gel to the scalp.
3. Distribute it to the hair.
4. Leave in for five to ten minutes.
5. Rinse well.
Here is another good home remedy.
1. Separate the white of an egg from the yolk, and beat the white thoroughly.
2. Add one tablespoon of water to the yolk and mix until the mixture is creamy.
3. Blend the white and yolk together.
4. Wet your hair and apply the mixture to the scalp using your fingertips.
5. Rinse hair well.
It is great for refreshing dry because it removes the build up, closes the hair cuticle and improves shine and cleanliness.
1. Mix 1 cup apple cider vinegar with 2 cups of water.
2. Apply the mixture to your hair after shampooing, but before using conditioner.
3. Wait for five minutes.
4. Rinse the mixture thoroughly.
If all these tips and home treatments and cures can't help, visit a salon or spa for professional dry hair treatment.
They provide a natural way to treat dry hair. Here is how to make your own herbal treatments. Herbal Shampoo
1. Mix 1 tablespoon of dry comfrey root, chamomile and rosemary with 1 cup of water.
2. Boil, steep for 20 minutes and finally strain.
3. Mix the water with 2/3 cup of a mild baby shampoo, 1 beaten egg and 1/3 cup of milk.
4. store in a cool, dark place Herbal Conditioner 1. Boil 1 pint of water. 2. Pour it over 1 tablespoon of calendula, lavender and chamomile flowers and rosemary leaves. 3. Steep for 30 minutes and then strain. 4. Add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. 5. Use the mixture after shampooing your hair. No need to rinse.
Keywords for the information:hair extensions
full lace wigs
human hair wefts
There is no corresponding message.
QINGDAO PREMIER WIGS CO.,LTD.
ADD: Daguhe Industrial Park, Ligezhuang Town, Jiaozhou, Qingdao, China
《中华人民共和国电信与信息服务业务经营许可证》编号：鲁ICP备09035319号 Powered by QD Premier Wigs